Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feature on BBC Radio Jersey

I spent this morning with Chris Stone, a BBC Radio Jersey presenter recording a feature for his afternoon show about local artists in Jersey. Chris first joined me driftwood hunting at Le Braye, St Ouen with my dog Pip. Chris interviewed me and recorded the sounds of the beach. Once we had collected a bag full of driftwood we headed back to my studio at the Workshop in St Ouen.


We then went back to my studio to make some ceramic fish and to discuss the making process. Fortunately he was wasn't very good at making fish! You can judge for yourself, here is a photo of mine and his.



You can view more photographs of his visit to my studio at http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/jersey/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9373000/9373446.stm


The feature was broadcast in three sections during his afternoon show on the 25th Jan. You can listen to this broadcast again on Jersey Radio's BBCiPlayer at http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00d6gx0/ . The programme is 165 minutes, my feature is broadcast at 10.00 - 15.00 minutes, 1hr 06 - 1hr 13 minutes and the last piece at 2hrs 06 - 2hrs 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Aahhh - his effort isn't that bad ... all sounds quite exciting - nice to have these things happen at an otherwise 'dead' time of year.

    ReplyDelete